Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Card Confusion

Hmmm... I got a Christmas card from one of the friends that recently chose to exit my life. The card was sent well after everything was said and done.

I can see how I overanalyze everything to death, but that doesn't stop me. Why would she do that? The card itself just contained a note wishing me a happy Christmas, so I assume she was wishing me a happy Christmas. But why would she bother sending a card? Is it very important to her that I know she wishes me a happy Christmas? Why would that be? I get confused by the gestures people use to communicate.

In the past I have sometimes taken similar gestures as an invitation to re-engage, but that has generally not proven to be what the other person actually wants. What is the appropriate response? To disregard? To respond in measure?

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment