Thursday, January 6, 2011

Finally a Nice Day!

Today was such a pleasant day!

Even though I was pretty tired at waking-up-time, I still managed to drag myself out of bed. My husband was very annoying, all cheerful and everything first thing in the morning. I just can't understand people who are full of energy and enthusiasm before breakfast. And since it's wintertime, we don't see the sun until 8:30 or so in the morning... how is it possible to be full of the three Vs before breakfast or sunshine?? But I digress.

I then decided to check out the spinning class offered at my gym. Wow. I haven't done a spinning class in at least 10 years, if not longer. I always figured that I cycle so much just to get around (I live in Holland, remember? lol) that I'd rather do something else. But it was so challenging!! I have already developed strong love-hate feelings.

Then I relaxed with a cup of coffee, made my grocery/to-do list, and headed off to the supermarket. Shopping done, home to tidy up before guests came for lunch. One of my Bahá'í friends and her daughter and niece came by for a delicious 'wrap' session. We ate wraps and rapped about life and Bahá'í stuff, and shared some prayers!!

Once they left, I took the opportunity to chat with my mom for about an hour! My mom is such a great person. I really enjoy how much she's been enjoying her life lately.

Then I made a couple of appointments for myself. I made an appointment for an intake-session with a life-coach, an appointment for lunch with another Bahá'í friend - one I haven't seen for quite a while - and an appointment for a massage.

I love making such pleasant appointments for myself. Really makes getting up in the mornings that much easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment