Monday, December 27, 2010

Time for Me

Just before Christmas, J and I were visiting my MIL and SIL for his birthday, and I had a bit of a meltdown. I'm so blessed to have married into such a wonderful, loving family, and even though I went through a couple of kleenexes, it still was totally ok!

I was telling them, and J as well, how tough the last few months had been, and how I was fed up with feeling so unimportant and unloved. Being loving and treating my friends and family as important really matters to me, and to feel that I was being taken advantage of, that no one was to be trusted, well... that was a real shock to me.

My MIL suggested that I spend some time putting myself first. She suggested taking classes or a workshop that focus on changing your attitudes or awareness. She and my SIL told me how they really understood how I felt, and that people you love can disappoint you in ways that mean the relationship is forever scarred. And they reminded me that I am not scarred or damaged, that I am wonderful and that it is my job to go out and live a wonderful life.

I plan to. I'm just not sure how... yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment