Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Whoooah on that Whew!

Sheesh... this whole thing with the former-friend refusing to return the keys and bank pass has gotten completely out of hand! I've decided to wait until Sunday, as I have some great plans I don't intend to let get ruined by this foolishness, and then I'll have to call her mom. If it doesn't get resolved very quickly by doing that, it's off to the police.

I know the police won't be able to do anything, and probably her mom won't either, but at least I'll have done everything possible to get my things returned.

I think I've let it get this far (about 2 months of unresponded to messages by me and my cousins who live nearby) out of trying to protect her from the embarassment of exposing her behaviour to others. But I have to stop doing what I think is 'right', and get on with doing what I need to do to make my life happy. And cutting off all contact with this person is exactly the right choice. After I get my keys and bankpass from her!!

And really, I'm just indulging in some wishful thinking if I believe someone who could behave this way for this long would be embarassed about it! Obviously it's her thing!

It's a good life lesson for me though, that people do change, and sometimes into untrustworthy and unpleasant people to be around. And when that happens, it's fair to make an effort to ask about the changes or for things to change back. Once.

Then take control of what I can take control of, and leave the mess for the one who made it to clean up.

No comments:

Post a Comment